Why do I need an eBook?
An eBook is an electronic version of your printed book that can easily be read on a computer or any of the various handheld devices that are available. With proper format, text and images, no matter the size of the screen will be easily read. The text is reflowable — meaning when one screen is full, it will flow to the next. Images will resize to fit the screen's proportions.
eBooks are also a fast and easy way to self-publish your book worldwide. With an eBook you have access to millions of readers who are able to find, buy, and enjoy your book online through the various retail sites like Amazon’s Kindle Store, Barnes & Noble’s NOOK Store. Apple iBooks, Google Play Books, and many more are available as well.
Our eBook conversion services process is quick and easy. We can convert your PDF, Microsoft Word, Indesign, Quark or printed book into ebook format. This process will help you convert your print ready PDF into an eBook format at a low cost. An eBook conversion will allow you to offer your book on multiple digital devices. As we grow more and more towards a digital world an increasing amount of consumers are turning to for their books. You’re losing out on royalties and extra marketing exposure if your book isn’t available on the Kindle or other eBook friendly formats.
Our eBook Conversion Services include:
Any book style and size
Optional index linking
.epub (iPod, iPhone, iPad, Android, Nook and others)
.mobi (Kindle 2 and Kindle DX)
Plain text, XML, and others
Setting up an easy and successful eBook conversion
We offer professional editing services but if you are just looking to save money and convert your PDF to an eBook format, having a final edition manuscript is key to keeping the cost low.
Your initial formatting (paragraphs, spacing, layout) will be preserved. We will provide a hyperlinked and an easy-to-navigate table of contents. All Kindle e-book files will be formatted to include all of the graphics, pictures, tables and other images.
EPUB files will be completed in accordance with the International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) standard.
More useful tips for your eBook Conversion:
- Use a standard font for your document like Times New Roman or Courier New. Be aware that special symbols may not convert properly to ePub unless they are characters in a standard font set. For this reason, we ask that you choose a font like Times New Roman for all text and symbols.
- Do not use very large or very small font sizes. We recommend 12pt font size for body text and 14-18pt for chapter titles.
- Use a consistent method of paragraph and line formatting throughout your document. You may use tabs or your program’s paragraph or alignment formatting functions, but do not use a mixture of both. Do not use the spacebar to format paragraphs or individual lines.
- Content that is displayed in tables or sidebars should be listed it as ordinary text. Tables, inserts, and sidebars will not display properly in ePub format.
- Do not include any elements that refer to page numbers. A formatted Table of Contents page is acceptable. On an eReader, page numbers can vary depending on a particular user's settings. All headers, footers, footnotes, and indexes will be deleted.
- All images must be in .png, .jpg, or .tif format, minimum 72 dpi, and in RGB color mode. Image resizing should be done outside of the document then inserted into the document. Do not wrap text around images. All images (except full-page images) should be set "in-line" with text.
- Proof your file for proper spelling, grammar, and syntax. Take the time to read over your manuscript one more time. You can never have enough set of eyes on your manuscript. Ask your spouse, partner, friend, parent, sibling, co-work, neighbor, anyone who you trust will be able to look over your manuscript to find errors.
Compatibility across the board
Whether it’s your iPad or your mother-in-law's Kindle, our eBook publishing experts will produce a high quality eBook file that is view-able on ALL popular eReader devices.
"James and Brookfield Publishers came highly recommended to me by someone I respect and then they exceeded my expectations. They made the entire book publishing process very easy for me. I recommend James and Brookfield Publishers without hesitation."
-Zack Gerborg MD